Monday 2 December 2013

Moral Dilemma

Moral Dilemma is a situation that requires a choice between "justice" or "empathy"which are two equal alternatives. A moral dilemma can therefore be defines as a situation that will often involve and apparent mental conflict in which each possible course of action will breach some binding moral principle.
There is a difference between "justice" or "empathy", justice is the process or result of using laws fairly to judge and punish people who have committed crimes. However empathy is the ability to understand and share feelings of one and another.

I chose this Dilemma as I have been in the steps of this comic, where I either go with my intuition and choose to use empathy, and feel bad because I haven't done the work , or to be fair and do the right thing which does not include plagiarism. Many problems in the world are a result of people paying too much attention to their desires rather than to other factors that actually affect their future, and although I was using empathy instead of justice I was wrong to do so, because I didn't think about the outside factors that could actually affect me or others around me.

  • Ethics of justice
  • Denotolgy
  • Kantanianism
All the words listed are acts of duty, however the next words are consequences for the greater good:
  • Utilitarianism 
  • consequentialism 
Using the two different sets of words can you identify what I used for my moral dilemma? 

Mark Twain once said,
          "Make it a point to do something everyday that you don't want to"
You should try this as it helps in making decisions in future moral dilemma's.

Check this link for many Moral Dilemma's that happen around the world.
http://psychopixi.com/misc/25-moral-dilemmas/

No comments:

Post a Comment